[thelist] junk entry into forms (captcha?)

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 13:49:52 CST 2007

Hershel has a nice easy to use captcha. I forgot to mention the math and
logic quiz type captcha. "What color is white paint?"

But most captchas that I encounter have horrible usability, meaning Too Hard
for Innocent Users to Read.

I ask this of my betters, those who understand spambot tech better than I
do: is Hershel's example of  captcha vulnerable to bots? Having "two" next
to the text input box might be easy for a bot to figure out "translate to
numerical equivalent".

--
Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate
Web Usability. Blog Revolution. Ecommerce.

steven [dot] streight [at] gmail [dot] com

http://www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com