[thelist] how is this done...content doesnt load until it comes into view

Ivo evolt-thelist at sinchi.org
Thu Feb 8 09:49:42 CST 2007

Hello listers,

There is a behavior that I want to reproduce and I'd like to know how it
is done. I only recall seeing it on Yahoo properties, in the Yahoo Mail
Beta and on the new Yahoo TV. Both the message listings on Mail and on the
TV listings are displayed in a view wth a scrollbar but the messages/tv
listings are only loaded as they come into view as you scroll. So if I
jump the scrollbar 50% down the skipped messages are not laoded, only
those within the view section that I landed on.

How is this accomplished? Has anyone worked on something like this before?

http://tv.yahoo.com/listings

Thank you for any pointers or advice,

Ivo