[thelist] wide-screen monitors and sites

Lee kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 12 03:12:44 CST 2007

On 09/02/07, Bob Meetin <ontheroad at frii.com> wrote:
> What was interesting here is that viewing sites through FF on widescreen
> did not appear to cause any distortion or stretching but with IE (6*)
> sites were stretched wide (in addition to some breaking).

I'm not sure aspect ratio necessarily has anything to do with it,
because I see CSS layouts all the time that break at some window
widths and not others.

Usually due to rounding when specifying column widths in units that
may not map to whole pixels.  E.g. Once IE has converted two 50%
columns to pixels, it might round the measurement up, causing a wrap.

--
Lee