[thelist] Transparent Flash

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Feb 12 14:09:02 CST 2007

I have a banner with a simple flash animation on the left and text menu to the
right.  With Firefox 2.0 and Flash 9 when I resize the window small
the flash covers the "Home" in the text menu.

    http://infopeople.org/

I just upgraded to flash 9 on Linux and kind of expected the problem to
go away.  I asked once before about this and was directed to the wmode
option set to "transparent", which is set:

I also have tried in the past using a z-index, but (IIRC) that won't
work with flash.

Any other tricks to get the banner menu to display on top of the flash
-- or maybe to make the flash background transparent?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org