[thelist] Transparent Flash

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Mon Feb 12 14:15:18 CST 2007

Bill Moseley wrote:
> I just upgraded to flash 9 on Linux and kind of expected the problem to
> go away.  I asked once before about this and was directed to the wmode
> option set to "transparent", which is set:

If you're asking "Do all browsers support WMODE-style compositing of
external content?" then no, not all do.

It was first an IE/Win innovation... has been picked up consistently in
the last few versions of Firefox and other browsers... but Linux
browsers still don't offer that, sorry:
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/emmy/archives/2007/01/adobe_flash_pla_1.cfm

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd