[thelist] Transparent Flash

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Mon Feb 12 14:49:05 CST 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 12:09, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I have a banner with a simple flash animation on the left and text menu to
> the right.  With Firefox 2.0 and Flash 9 when I resize the window small the
> flash covers the "Home" in the text menu.
>
>     http://infopeople.org/
>
> I just upgraded to flash 9 on Linux and kind of expected the problem to
> go away.  I asked once before about this and was directed to the wmode
> option set to "transparent", which is set:

> quality="best" bgcolor="#c0d9f1" name="home_logo" id="home_logo"
> src="/static/home.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></div>

I see it too using the same combo of browser, Flash and OS flavour. Works ok
on Windows and have seen the same effect on Mac work ok, methinks it's OS
specific so not a whole lot of people are going to notice.

However, you want it to work in your browser too so... try moving your #c0d9f1
background colour to the div and then setting the bgcolor on the embed to
transparent, perhaps using an absolute and z-index on that div with your nav
will help as well after that, if above doesn't do the trick all by itself.

Oh, just noticed something else too, move the wmode bit so it's after the
bgcolor bit too, the properties tend to cascade.
--
cheers,

        mark