[thelist] Objecty 1.0a4

Charles Wiltgen cwiltgen at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 19:58:19 CST 2007

> Just curious what objecty does compared to
swfObject? I am guessing that
embedding FLV directly is one difference...

Yep, no-brainer format support is important to me.

Both SWFObject and UFO are great, and if you just need
to embed SWFs (vs.
FLVs) and don't mind some JavaScript in your HTML (I
personally don't like
code in my markup), then either will work fine.

My goal is to fix this aspect of the web, and then
offer cool and
interesting format-agnostic functionality (like
posters) on top of that.

I'd love to hear your critiques and feature requests!

-- Charles