[thelist] Avery printing labels

Gavin Funabiki boyatomic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 11:31:29 CST 2007

Hopefully someone suggested a better idea, but here's what I had to do
18 months ago at another job.  I couldn't find anything at the time
that offered pre-formatted avery labels, but wouldn't be surprised if
there was one.

Use http://sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/ to create a PDF file
formatted for a specific label size and populate it with label
entries.  I adapted their "form" example to the dimensions of one
avery label type you needed.

What you may want to do instead use take an idea from the following
channel 9 thread:
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=120461
First create PDF files for all of the label types you need.
Then the class can populate the PDF with the values.

In either case you're going to have to figure out the dimensions for
the avery labels you need to handle (if it's a lot, this might not be
a good idea), but maybe you can find some formatted pdfs already for
the latter idea.

gavin