[thelist] webmasters acting as sysadmins

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 13:02:27 CST 2007

Good points Randall, but I was meaning: learn enough to better understand
each other's limits, restricitions, why you should not keep bugging your
programmers who are "in a zone" as they work, etc.

If a management guy says, "We need a widget that will do XYZ, how soon can
you get it to me?" it might be good if the IT guy says, "What do you want
that for? What is the big picture of what you're trying to accomplish?"

As a half-breed IT/Marketing guy, I learned a lot about how to deal with
programmers by reading Joel Spolsky, for example.

A writer must know some math, and a math wiz needs to be able to spell words
correctly and use proper grammar.

The sequestering of workers into their little insular zones is not good for
business or IT, IMHO.

--
Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate
Web Usability. Blog Revolution. Ecommerce.

steven [dot] streight [at] gmail [dot] com

http://www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com