[thelist] Text editor recommendations

Charles Wiltgen cwiltgen at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 15:29:47 CST 2007

Paul,

> Am I being too picky?

I don't think so.  I've been using Aptana
<http://aptana.com/> to develop
Objecty <http://wiltgen.net/objecty/>, and I believe
it does everything you
list here except PHP auto-complete/syntax highlighting
(which I know they
intend to do).

It's not done (so there are definitely nits to pick),
but there's also an
opportunity to influence how the final 1.0 release
will work.

A while back I posted an overview of Aptana at
<http://playbacktime.com/2006/08/15/aptana-the-first-web-20-development-envi
ronment/> and an audio interview with Paul Colton at
<http://playbacktime.com/2006/08/30/interview-paul-colton-founder-of-aptana-
ajax-web20/>, and you might find them interesting.

-- Charles