[thelist] IE6 - Operation aborted

Rick den Haan rick.denhaan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 17:40:19 CST 2007

Austin Harris wrote:
> Got a strange one - or at least one I haven't seen before...
>
> <http://londonfields.art-dept.org/projects/little-earth/publication.php>
>
> In IE6 every now and then get an alert up saying that "Internet explorer
> cannot open the website... Operation aborted"

I had this problem recently. It seemed to me that this problem was due to
the fact that I had a <script> element that called a function defined in an
external file. The in-file javascript called the function before it was
fully loaded, triggering this specific error in IE6.

The solution for me was to add a defer attribute to that <script> element.
So, in your case, it would be:

<!-- Page-specific script -->
<script type="text/javascript" defer="defer">

HTH,
Rick.