[thelist] "Web 2.0 sites with the big friendly fonts"

Rob O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Thu Feb 22 09:33:40 CST 2007

Barney Carroll wrote:

>> I just had another look at that link submitted a while back...
>>

> I just read over that post - please ignore it, there's way too much
> vitriol there than needs be. Instead, a tip:
>
> <tip type="web philosophy, standards">
> Information architecture and Web 2.0 are terms to be weary of. They are
> 'big and clever' and vague, and when used to speak authoritatively and
> simplistically about established and sensitive disciplines, they provide
> all the symptoms of deceptive pretense.
> </tip>
>

> Regards,
> Barney

That tip is down to one article and one site and your opinion.
Information architecture is pretty important really. If there's no
consideration for it then the contents of a website would be all
higgledy piggledy and hard to find. I thought Web 2.0 was never meant to
be taken seriously as industry terminology anyway seeing as most web 2.0
sites don't mention the phrase 'web 2.0' anywhere and ones that do are
taking the p*ss.

If you go back to Eric Meyer's article he's pointing out how daft these
rants are. You just can't please everyone so you should just please
yourself (and your client, not in /that/ way though...)

Rob