[thelist] Serving PDFs

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 16:59:27 CST 2007

Noah St. Amand wrote:
> This might be a bad practice, but I've had good luck with just the
> following:
> header('Content-type: application/pdf');
> header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="file.pdf"');
> readfile('/path/to/file.pdf');
> I don't think I'm sending the length of the file anywhere. This might be
> worth a shot.
Thanks Noah. I didn't get the opportunity to try this out myself but I
asked someone else to try it and they had success.

I'm hoping this will work for the client also.

Was this a hunch or can you explain the method.

Kind Regards
Chris Price

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 451 4488

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
while Excellence is in the Hand of the Professional

-+- Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd -+-

Choctaw Media Limited is a company
registered in England and Wales
with company number 04627649

Registered Office: