[thelist] [OT] Describing role of individual developer operating as a company

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 10:52:53 CST 2007

This is sounding contrived, "web dev operating as company".

You are not a company, for a company needs at least two people. A single
individual, to my mind, is not a company or a family or a race or any group,
you are just Self Employed. You are your  own boss, but you are not a
company.

Now you can say you are a freelancer and doing well at it. That's all. Do
not provide income or client names or anything unless it's a closing gotcha,
I mean if it is necessary for the deal.

I have had people try to nose into my business, and pry their way into my
private information, if just to be nosey, curious, but I don't play that.

You are self employed. You don't hire or fire or manage anybody, so you're
really not a company, as I have said ad nauseum.

;^)

--
Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate
Web Usability. Blog Revolution. Ecommerce.

steven [dot] streight [at] gmail [dot] com

http://www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com