[thelist] pdfs on web site (was "scope of work" for web siteproposal)

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:51:12 CST 2007

PDFs, structured correctly, are great for print outs. But we cannot expect
our site users to open an Adobe Reader, open the PDF file, figure out how to
navigate it, and print out what should be readable on the site itself.

I don't thinkk many people download and print out stuff, they skim and scan
the contents of web pages, hurriedly, impatiently, rapidly, multi-taskingly.

"They look so nice printed out" maybe, but still not the optimum
presentation of information for online use.

--
Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate
Web Usability. Blog Revolution. Ecommerce.

steven [dot] streight [at] gmail [dot] com

http://www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com