[thelist] Stupid Hack in Winblowz for CSV Delimiters

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:16:10 CST 2007

On 01/03/07, Chris Dorer <cdorer at gmail.com> wrote:
> <tip name="CSV Hack">
> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings
> Regional Options Tab -> Customize Button
> In the List separator box, place in your new separator.
>
> A centralized separator character is the wrong way to go.. and obviously
> winblows takes the cake.
> Had to use this for XP
> </tip>

So you can no longer open a new Excel Worksheet, and do Data -> Get
External Data -> Import Text File... ?

Or rename your CSV file TXT and open it in Excel the normal way?
(Rename because if your values aren't separated by commas, it
shouldn't be a CSV.  I'm sure there's a clue there somewhere!)

I don't know, I don't have Excel 2003.  Have they really removed these
two methods?

--
Lee