[thelist] Tri-state checkbox in html

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 12:25:55 CST 2007

On 3/2/07, Will Budreau <Will.Budreau at entrust.com> wrote:
> What do web developers prefer for representing a tri-state checkbox?
> You know, the kind where the values can represent on, off, or an
> intermediate state, such as "some children have this on" in tree views.

Typically I see a checkbox with the inside "box" colored the same
color as the check (if it were checked). You can probably accomplish
this with CSS, which is probably where it should be, since it's more
presentation than anything (i.e. it should probably not effect the
state of the checkbox itself, unless you have a need for it. Do you?).

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA