[thelist] XML possible solution

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:23:57 CST 2007

On 3/6/07, Dan Craciun <dc.thelist at gmail.com> wrote:
> A sample semi-filled XML file is here: http://qurl.net/1o8
>
> And here come the questions:
> - am I reinventing the wheel here? This is, essentially, a content
> management problem
> - do you have pro/cons with this approach?
> - how complex do you think the php display class will be (this will be
> my first practical implementation of XML in php).

If these things are really as cookie-cutter as you suggest, and if
there is no need to create an administration section of the site where
the client can edit these things, and if you can create an appropriate
transformation stylesheet, then this sounds like a good approach.

Otherwise, I would suggest the typical database-centric model with a
template engine like Smarty.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA