[thelist] Website Tech Support Contracts

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:27:01 CST 2007

On 3/8/07, patrick <pms at stoutstreet.com> wrote:

> In addition, you'll need to address the 'use it or lose it' rule: some
> clients will expect the contract to extend if they don't use the service.

Recently, I've started having trouble with people buying into the 'use
it or lose it' concept. They think it should be like rollover minutes
on their mobile phone plan. Seriously.

So I've had to make it more of a yearly package. They get 'x' amount
of hours per year for 'x' amount of payment. Then they can buy more
hours if they run out.

I'm still working on a better method, but I thought I'd throw this
into the conversation.

I suppose I could always tell them that they do pay a montly fee for
their mobile service, and additional fees if they have overage.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications