[thelist] [Spam] Re: Website Tech Support Contracts

Chris Dempsey evolt at cubeit.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 09:54:12 CST 2007

Recently, I've started having trouble with people buying into the 'use
it or lose it' concept. They think it should be like rollover minutes
on their mobile phone plan. Seriously.

I see where you're coming from - I don't fancy trying to track unused
rollover support hours.  I imagine we should be ok with giving them a choice
of monthly plan [use it or loose it style] or they can choose pay as they
go.  I might refrain from using mobile telephone industry soundalike terms
on the service names though in case it gives them the idea that rollover
etc. is due.

We also do the usual holding the client's hand for the first month or two
just to get them started as well.