[thelist] PHP, PDF and IE7

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Mon Mar 12 12:22:29 CDT 2007

> You could try adding an extra header:
>   header('Content-Disposition: inline; filename=somefile.pdf');

This you can test here:

With this, however, even my IE6 fails. :(

 > then, you can re-write  /file.pdf to really go to
 > /downloads.php?file=abc.pdf

The URL is not the issue, because the URL in question DOES actually end
with .pdf. The issue is that a file is served in place of that URL.

 > Did you try just Content-Type: application/pdf?

Yes. I added the other text to try to get the browser title bar to show
something intelligent.

I put it back to how you have it in the above test URL.

 > Or, if you want to prompt the user to save the document, use
 >   header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=somefile.pdf');

Here you are:

This fails also in IE6 however. :(

Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson