[thelist] auto repair database

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Fri Mar 16 11:52:03 CDT 2007

> Unfortunately as far as I have been able to find, the data is
> proprietary and confined to two companies: Mitchell and AllData.

I'd forgotten AllData. I'll give them a check

> competitive advantage soon, alas. So if you really need the data, you
> are probably going to have to look into a licensing deal and
> be prepared
> to fork out a hefty chunk of change.

Fortunately the client already expects that. They'll get it back :)

Looking at Mitchell's data tools, it's exactly what I was looking for. If AllData is similar, at least we've got two potentially competitive sources.

(how's the new little one?)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.