[thelist] gradients

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Tue Mar 20 20:29:43 CDT 2007

Thanks to both.  Erik got me pointed in the right direction.  I'm using
GIMP to create the images.  Looking at the preferences it was not
obvious where to verify that 256 is set, so I checked google and found
an answer.  It was already set to 255, but Color dithering was set to
'Floyd Steinberg'.  The tutorial recommended changing to "None" which I
did and it made a whopping big difference.  I'll check to see if the png
options are set right as well.  Thanks, Bob