[thelist] PHP OO books....

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Mar 23 11:12:18 CDT 2007

Tris wrote:
> I really need to get my head into OO and PHP..
> Can anyone recommend any books or GOOD online tutorials to get me into
> the game proper..

I've had a few and the best one I've found, the one that I credit with
enabling me to pass the PHP 5 Zend Certification a couple weeks ago (!),
is Matt Zandstra's PHP 5 Objects, Patterns and Practice, available in
dead-tree or eBook format from apress:
http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=358

It's a dense book, and covers a lot of ground.  But he really gets you
*into* OOP in PHP 5, with a good balance of explanation and sample code.

--
Max Schwanekamp
NeptuneWebworks.com