[thelist] What are paypal alternatives?

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Mar 27 12:24:35 CDT 2007

patrick wrote:
> Matthias Ritzkowski wrote:
>> and we have had a ton of paypal related problems. Customers having to open
>> paypal accounts instead of being able to use credit cards etc.
>> The total volume is $200,000 so we pay a good chunk of fees to paypal, but
>> get no support service whatsoever.
>>
>> What else is out there? What do people use when they don't use paypal?
>> I just looked at http://www.chronopay.com/ ... Are they legit?
>
> Why don't you have your own merchant account? And payment gateway?

AFAIK the best equivalent alternative to PayPal is 2CO (2Checkout.com),
but their rates are rather high.  I agree with Patrick -- why don't you
(or your client) get a proper merchant account with a gateway?
PracticePaySolutions.com offer good rates, using Authorize.Net as a
gateway, and have always given good customer service in my experience.
It's a faq, so you might also search thelist archives for other suggestions.

--
Max Schwanekamp
NeptuneWebworks.com