[thelist] Nee help with tip example page + where is a tip?

Micky Hulse micky at ambiguism.com
Tue Mar 27 13:27:31 CDT 2007

Micky Hulse wrote:
> Also, I think I found a tip a few weeks back that talked about the best
> way to have multiple domains pointing to one site... Anyone seen this
> info? I have a couple domain names that I want pointed to the same site,
> but I do not want to get penalized in the SERPS.

Think I found the answer to the above question...

In my .htaccess file, using the rewrite engine, I put this:

# Point www.xyz.com to www.zyx.com:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?xyz\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.zyx.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Additionally, I also re-route all non-www traffic to www:

# Redirect all non-www traffic:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^zyx\.com$
RewriteRule ^.*$ http://www.zyx.com%{REQUEST_URI} [R=permanent,L]

Just thought I would post my solution... please let me know if you see
any errors and/or improvements. :)

Cheers,
Micky

--