[thelist] cron & mysql permissions issue

Brian Cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Wed Mar 28 14:04:36 CDT 2007

Hi guys,

My /var drive is about 20%  full (of real data) and about once a week,
it nears its limits due to the temp data of mysql (I understand it to be
useful if you have more than 1 server, but i don't)

running a "reset master" command clears it out and returns to its normal
size of around 20%

I'd like to set up a cron job to do this, as I'm forgetful, and last
week i let the drive go to 100%, thus causing the database to error out
and killed my site for 12 hours before i noticed.

The problem is, a 'web' user doesn't have root permissions.  The only
way to run this is through ssh or the webhost control panel logged in as
root.

can this be done?