[thelist] selling ebooks

sbeam sbeam at syxyz.net
Thu Apr 5 22:41:49 CDT 2007

On Thursday 05 April 2007, Conyers, Dwayne wrote:
> Bottom line... anything electronic can be accessed.  The only benefit
of
> locks (like DRM) is that they keep honest people honest.

thanks guys for the friendly warnings - obviously DRM is not meant for
anyone without a bank account like NewsCorp or Viacom. I merely
represent a successful fellow who wants to self-publish a few ebooks
for $9.95, not a multi-tentacled conglomerate. Although the Lulu.com
stuff does seem to be the little guy's best hope. In any case, the
client now thinks a simple expiring download key and the honor system
will suffice.