[thelist] Load testing websites / web apps

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Apr 9 20:41:45 CDT 2007

Some tools from Microsoft:

WCAT - command line
WAST - distributed GUI-based tool (a master client controls one or more WAST
clients)
ACT - Application Centre Test

None of which are anywhere near as functional as something like Mercury
LoadRunner, but all are capable of sending plain HTTP requests (or sequences
of requests) to your server.

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Paul Bennett
Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2007 10:55 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Load testing websites / web apps

Thanks to all who have sent product URL's for consideration.

I'm ok with command line stuff, but the rest of the team here would be scared
stiff.

We need something that will run a GUI on a windows machine and is simple to
set up maintain and gives meaningful reports.

Sorry for not being more specific earlier on - as I said, I 'm only just
getting an idea of what we need vs. what's out there :)

Paul