[thelist] .NET: AutoPostBack on Items Added programmatically

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Wed Apr 11 11:32:36 CDT 2007

I should add:

I tried drpBuilderBigNo.onselectedindexchanged but it returns this

Error      17           'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.Protected
Overridable Sub OnSelectedIndexChanged(e As System.EventArgs)' is not
accessible in this context because it is 'Protected'.

From: Casey Crookston
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:24 AM
To: 'thelist at lists.evolt.org'
Subject: .NET: AutoPostBack on Items Added programmatically

I am adding rows to a table programmatically.  In one of the table
cells, I am adding a drop down list as such:

Dim drpBuilderBigNo As New DropDownList

[cut a bunch of lines of code]

drpBuilderBigNo.AutoPostBack = True

I am not sure how I define the function which will handle the item
change when the user makes a change.  I'm looking for an On____, but
there doesn't seem to be such an option.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Casey