[thelist] zindex problem

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:43:42 CDT 2007

On 4/12/07, Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/12/07, ben morrison <morrison.ben at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Would showing generated source help from the webdeveloper toolbar? It
> > would still be difficult for us to test when we don't have the same IE
> > version though.
> >
> > Im sure you've tried, but maybe setting HasLayout will fix the problem.
>
> I know very little about these IE weirdnesses, but my understanding is
> that since both elements have absolute position, they both have
> hasLayout=true.

Well you would think so, but IE is a strange creature indeed,
sometimes the position:relative will need hasLayout such as height:1px
or zoom:1;

http://www.positioniseverything.net/abs_relbugs.html

hasLayout is quite confusing, best article:
http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html

Generally as a very quick way to debug hasLayout, I just add
height:1px to all the elements/parents misbehaving

ben
--
Ben Morrison