[thelist] Downloadable Mac files -- .ZIP or .SIT?

Clive R Sweeney clive at designshift.com
Fri Apr 13 10:32:32 CDT 2007

I've prepared a Mac version of a screensaver and there seems to be some
question of which compression format to use. It's been quite a while
since I owned a Mac and so I'm not too current. Should the screensaver
be compressed as a .ZIP or a .SIT file? The Mac users I've asked have
all suggested .ZIP and that's what we used for the file that's currently
online. Now, however, the client seems wants to switch to .SIT.

Of course, I'll give the client what they want, but I'd like to be able
to give a more informed opinion on the subject.

::. clive

Clive Sweeney
Durham NC