[thelist] hidden form field anti-spam tool?

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Wed Apr 18 08:11:36 CDT 2007

> Potential downsides would be screen readers (depending on how it was
> hidden)

makes sense; what methods are there for hiding other than CSS's 'display:none' and what's the best option for considering screen readers?

> and users with CSS disabled.

and maybe this makes the previous question moot: this could be dealt with by making it a valid but random field (like, I think Hassan? does, 'put a two here [ ]') if they disable CSS intentionally, I suspect they're used to/expecting a different experience from those who leave it enabled.

still looking for the best way to reduce the pain as all my legion of online forms grows

Checked by AVG Free Edition.