[thelist] [OT] - I'm not a flash fan, bu tI've fallen in love with this...

Katie Kearns katie.kearns at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:27:56 CDT 2007

On 4/18/07, Tris <beertastic at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.gourmetoriental.com/
>
> I'm probably the last to see this kinda thing, but I thought it was awesome...
> Love to see more of this kinda thing...

Really? I don't think the metaphor is very useful. The reason books
have pages has to do with it's limitations. I don't think it's a good
idea to bring physical world limitations into programs when you don't
have to.... It reminds me of a control of some Mac program or another
that played music. The volume button looked like a dial you turned,
and you actually had to click and drag in a circular motion. It made
no sense. Sure, it looks like a physical volume dial, so I understood
what to do with it, but the limitations of a mouse (dragging in a
circular motion is not easy!) doesn't make it a very useful metaphor
for interacting on a computer.

The interface hall of shame:
http://homepage.mac.com/bradster/iarchitect/metaphor.htm

:)