[thelist] State of the art in CAPTCHA decoding?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Apr 19 09:00:54 CDT 2007

Steven E. Streight noted:

>>Use comment moderation with delayed posting instead.

>>Comment moderation, with email notification of comments
>>in moderation, awaiting approval.

Hi Steven,

I think that sounds like a good starting point and, if
you are only running one site with low to medium traffic,
perhaps reasonable in the longer term.

However, for someone running a number of high traffic sites
this approach may not be practical.  In that case they would
either need a more mechanized aproach (whether CAPTCHA or a
series of Turing-like questions like we have been discussing)
or a slashdot like army of moderators (a system which has
its own problems).

HTH,
RonL.