[thelist] [OT] - I'm not a flash fan, bu tI've fallen in love with this...

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Thu Apr 19 12:17:36 CDT 2007

> What? By not allowing search engines to index their menus or people to
> search the page to find their favourite dish?

I'm being ignorant here, not argumentative - is that particular design not indexable by search engines?

re: searching a page - do you need a search tool for a menu-sized page of seven items?

> If your design makes
> your product more appealing and if technology allows users to assemble
> an order quickly, then it is great, if it is there to woo you
> technically then a clever design agency got another sucker client.

what if the benefits aren't based on a measurable increase in site-use efficiency, but are entirely based on the emotional reaction it gets? is visual appeal a bad business decision?

I realize that this is absolutely NOT the most *efficient* design for an online menu. There are other measurements for success besides efficiency.

> Makes you wonder how easy this menu is to change to a seasonal or
> special of the week and how much it would cost you?

I'll profess my near total ignorance of all things Flash, but couldn't the entire content come from text/scripts which even a non technical type could edit fairly easily?