[thelist] [OT] - I'm not a flash fan, bu tI've fallen in love with this...

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Thu Apr 19 15:14:42 CDT 2007

Tris wrote:
> http://www.gourmetoriental.com/
> I'm probably the last to see this kinda thing, but I thought it was awesome...
> Love to see more of this kinda thing...

Page-turners have been around for awhile... that one was written with
minimum playback requirements of Macromedia Flash Player 6, so it looks
like it was one of the early ones.

(For what it's worth, it seems like only one person in 200 has
Macromedia Flash Player 6 these days:
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/emmy/archives/2007/04/sneak_peek_at_t.cfm
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd/archives/2007/04/9_months_17_of.cfm )

You can invoke such a page-turning effect through XML now, with
compilation to SWF... quick example at the first link, more detail at
the second:
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd/archives/2007/03/markup_to_blood.cfm
http://www.quietlyscheming.com/blog/

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd