[thelist] HTTP links in HTTPS content

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:21:46 CDT 2007

On 20/04/07, Jonathan Snook <jonathan.snook at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've never heard of unsecure links causing this issue. Are you absolutely
> positive there are no external content such as javascript files, CSS or
> images getting pulled in?

Jonathan is right, links to non-ssl resources do not trigger the mixed
content warning in IE.  But they can trigger the "you are about to
move to another zone" warning.

The mixed content warning is for references to non-SSL media/script on
an SSL page, have you checked everything?  Perhaps you're using an ad
server?  I wonder if AJAX triggers this?  Dunno.

Relative URIs to your media & script files with no URI scheme are the
easiest way to avoid the mixed content warning.  Hyperlinks to other
documents are fine.

--
Lee