[thelist] how can I establish a more reliable connection to myweb server?

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Wed Apr 25 13:07:55 CDT 2007

> Not necessarily.  Less hops often mean less latency, but it probably
> wouldn't be noticeable (unless your ISP is now in a different
> country), and
> it doesn't sound like latency is your problem.

testing against a very local (12 miles from me) hosting co suggests you're correct; it still routes across Sprint's network with the same issues

> Just to understand, CrystalTech is blaming Sprint, who is
> their network provider?

no idea if Sprint is their provider; I hope they have eleventyleven OC3s from various carriers. the tracert experiences multipe timeouts in Sprint's network every time I check, whether or not they're Crystal Tech's provider.

thanks

Checked by AVG Free Edition.