[thelist] anonymous ftp vs. upload scripts

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Tue May 1 10:57:37 CDT 2007

The situation:

Client needs to be able to upload documents (perhaps delete) to obscured
folders on their website. Obscured means that he will convey the path to
his/her customers. I regularly create upload scripts which dictate both
file type as well as upload folder.  This seems to work swell.

I have never set up anonymous ftp.  Is it complicated to set up, would
it be an alternative?  The site will be hosted on linux or bsd.  Any
particular advantages/disadvantages?

-Bob