[thelist] JS drag-drop script

Rick den Haan rick.denhaan at gmail.com
Tue May 1 16:00:16 CDT 2007

Matt Warden wrote:
> > Ah, yes, the wonderful YUI.  This does appear to need lists, though,
> > which are not in the sourcecode (and would need serious rebuilding to
> > get in there).
>
> If you are stuck with DIVs for some reason, you would probably need to
> modify the YUI code. Otherwise, I would question why your DIVs are not
> OLs.

Because using a list on this page would be, in my opinion, wrong.  The DIVs
are in fact small containers that themselves hold other content, which can
be all kinds of things, including flash objects, lists or entire stories
wrapped in <P>s.

The Drag & Drop is for the admin part of the application, so the order in
which the DIVs are displayed can be easily adjusted.  I can put four arrows
in there or something and have the admin move them about like that, but a
Drag & Drop solution, if implemented properly, can save a lot of time if
there are a lot of content DIVs and something has to be moved a long way.

Rick.