[thelist] A form in an HTML email?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Wed May 2 14:07:04 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 14:43 +0100, Tris wrote:
> si it possible to hav a form in an HMTL email?
>
> My current employer wants to send out a sutrvery to its staff.
> (I say survey, it's jsut a textarea box for comments)
>
> Can we have a box and submit button that talks to a web page?
> Clearly we'll have a link to a page with teh form on also, but this
> might encourage users to fill out the form...
>
> Anyone dne this before?

1) Just because something is possible, does not make it a good idea.
Sending e-mail in HTML is, in general, not a good idea. I usually ask
for e-mails in plain text only. In this specific case, I don't see
what's wrong with setting up an e-mail box to collect the replies, and
accepting the replies in e-mail. This will work even in cases where the
recipient filters or restricts HTML e-mail.

2) I think you need a new keyboard.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>