[thelist] .NET 2.0 Login Control Error

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Sat May 5 15:13:59 CDT 2007

I am new to 2.0.  I was excited to read about the new security features
that have been included, and I'm trying to implement my first web site
using them.  Using the Website Administraiton Tool, I switched to Forms
authentication and added a new user.  As it was supposed to, two new
files appeared in the Add_Data directory: ASPNETDB.MDF and
aspnetdb_log.ldf.  I then created a new directory in the root directory
and called it "admin" and using Access Rules in the Website
Administraiton Tool, I set it to deny anonymous users.  Then, in the
root directory I created a login.aspx page and dropped a Login control
onto that page.

Now, according to the tutorial I am reading
(http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/120705-1.aspx), I should now
be able to login to my Admin directory using the login.aspx page.
However, when I try to login, I get this error:

Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'LocalHost\ASPNET'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open user
default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'LocalHost\ASPNET'.

I've been Googling the error for a couple hours now and I'm getting no
where.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Casey