[thelist] The quagmire of CMS - Contribute

Nancy Johnson nancychristine49 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 14:50:38 CDT 2007

I actually found FrontPage a nightmare.  At one time I had about 12 updating content using Frontpage  and I had no control over the corruption of basic html formatting, including the dropping of closing </p> tags.

Folks also copy-pasted text from Word into the pages,  and no matter how much I told them about how to copy from Word to FrontPage without copying word's terrble html formatting  no one really understand or remembered.  The website was a mess!

We now use Contribute and although it certainly isn't perfect, I find it easier to control basic formatting while allowing content to be updated.

Nancy