[thelist] XML madness

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:40:27 CDT 2007

Dan Parry scribeva in 11/05/2007 15:58:
> In IE all is well and happiness is about the land (with none more surprised
> than me) yet in FF a weird thing happens. 1 file will read perfectly and
> recreate the object but the other will always fail saying the first
> childNode of the root element has no properties

Sound's like the files are not identical after all... The failing one
could have white space after the root element's starting tag - then the
first firstChild would be textNode. IE could be ignoring white space
while FF not.

> I've double- and triple-checked the XML to make sure they are identical and
> they are. All that differs is the filename

For example white space is sometimes difficult to catch with plain eye
:-) Have tried copying file A over file B? Then you'd know they are
identical.

Are the files served from the same place BTW?

> I can provide the XML or URLs should anyone need them

Some URLs would be lovely, please.

.k