[thelist] IE7/Vista, Opera issue

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri May 25 06:07:39 CDT 2007

I wonder if anyone has a hint for me about this

In most browsers, the table fits within the div which is 60% wide, and
the images resize to suit, which is what I wanted.

In IE7 under Vista (and, I think, XP), the images don't resize, so it
all stretches to the right on a 640x800 screen.

I've tried plenty of things but nothing seems to have worked, I wondered
whether people think the initial strategy (table) was always doomed and
I should be using divs, abs pos, or whatever, or whether I'm just
missing the crucial bit.

PS. does anyone recommend any of the associations of html coders?