[thelist] MySQL / 1&1 / SQLyog

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Wed May 30 08:10:34 CDT 2007

["Chris Dempsey" <evolt at cubeit.co.uk> @ Wed, 30 May 2007 11:08:01 +0100]

> > Overally, to be sure you should ask your 1&1 friendly tech
> > support... ;)
> Tried 1&1's friendly tech support but they were unable to help -
> actually they were unable to understand what I was asking but hey,
> I'll figure it out without their help.

That sort of reflects my experiences with the "friendly 1&1 support",
as well. ;) However, I think _if_ they really have their environment
configured like that, chances are you will spend a hard time trying to
"directly" access your database. _But_, it is more than a little likely
that you will be able to log into your phpmyadmin (if there is one)
using the login parameters used in your PHP scripts, at least the sites
I've seen here so far don't bother making a difference between an
administrative and an "arbitrary-user" account...

Cheers,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/