[thelist] MySQL / 1&1 / SQLyog

Dejan Kozina dejan at kozina.com
Wed May 30 08:28:02 CDT 2007

It's fairly common for shared hosting services to have their database
accept connection only from localhost. If your account allows connection
via a SSH shell you can set up a SSH tunnel from your PC to the server,
either using plink (part of open source Putty -
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/) or the (free for
non-commercial use) SSH Tunnel Client
If not, you're stuck with uploading dump files via PhpMyAdmin, I fear.

Chris Dempsey wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>> Overally, to be sure you should ask your 1&1 friendly tech support... ;)
> Tried 1&1's friendly tech support but they were unable to help - actually
> they were unable to understand what I was asking but hey, I'll figure it out
> without their help.
> Chris.

Dejan Kozina Web design studio
Dolina 346 (TS) - I-34018 Italy
tel./fax: +39 040 228 436 - cell.: +39 348 7355 225 skype: dejankozina
http://www.kozina.com/  - e-mail: dejan at kozina.com