[thelist] dynamically hiding table rows?

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Fri Jun 1 04:06:48 CDT 2007

Folks;

possibly this is a stupid question, nevertheless: In an application
we're currently building, I'm about to try to dynamically hide table
rows using JavaScript and switching "style.display" between "block" and
"none". This works fine so far, except for one problem: As soon as I
make a table row "disappear" setting display to "none", all of its
content vanishes (good) but leaves a white empty space in my table
where the disabled row used to be (bad). Not sure whether my approach
is too naive to actually do that, but it doesn't seem all that bad. Can
anyone point me where to peek to not just make the table row content
disappear but also the "empty" space it leaves around, right now?

TIA and bye, have a calm day everyone...
Kris

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu at jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771