[thelist] SQL server MS DB cannot form relationships help?

Ken Moore psm2713 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:04:33 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I think that Ken Schaefer is correct that "Access is out of the picture at
this stage".

I have used done almost everything with MS Access that can be done. If I
were doing this, I simply move the data and then re-construct the
relationships. Why? MS SQL has got many extras that Access does not
involving data types, triggers, stored procedures, constraints, automated
functions, etc.

Trying to know which ones translate to Access and exactly how they will work
is a toss of the dice. This is especially true because some of the
inconsistencies are data dependent.

The quickest way to learn is to get two or three really good books. If you
have time and money for a tutor, that works even better. While application
development is easy, much of the database design is less than intuitive in
Access.

Ken Moore